Friday, February 6, 2015

The Good, The Bad and Undone!

I wanted to go through today and introduce some of my quilting/sewing projects. They range from done, UFO (unfinished object for the non-quilters out there), and will this ever get finished. 

I don't want to bombard you with a huge it won't load webpage of pictures. I am going to limit myself to 3 projects of each variety. If all goes well more of my UFOs and will this ever get finished will well get finished.


Owl Remote Contol Holder
First up are three of my favorite finished projects:

This is Ferguson the owl. He was completed just about two weeks ago. This is my first attempt at applique. Ferguson is a remote control holder to sit on our sofa.  If you are interested in making one of these for your sofa the pattern can be found here. I would recommend fusible webbing for this project. The instructions didn't call for it and I did not use it. I just think it would give a better finished look. 











Biker Bugz Lap quilt


This has to be my favorite quilt that I ever made. The center is a panel and outer squares are pieced. I don't want to take all the credit here on this one. The squares were pre-cut from the Fussy Cutter. This was only my third or fourth quilt and well triangles are scary! 














Monkeyin Around Baby Quilt



And last we have Monkeyin' Around. This is a completely flannel quilt I made for my son. I had never worked with flannel and had no idea there were rules for working with it. Hrmm. Are we seeing a trend here? I think deep down somewhere I may have a problem with rules.

Like I said before I am limiting myself here. I do have other finished projects. Off the top of my head, I can think of a total of 9 finished quilts.










The next group are the UFOs.  Most quilter have a few of these floating around. I want to share three that I plan on getting out of the UFO drawer.  I don't really have much to say about these except GET DONE!!! The third picture is a Disappearing Nine Patch that should finish at about Queen size. That will be my largest quilt when it is done.







Lastly we have the will it ever get Finished group. The first one is currently AWOL and hopefully will find it's way home. The second one is Denim and some other non quilty fabric. I had no idea what I was doing with that one but it looks cool! The third one well does it really need explanation? I may tear it apart and transform it into something less, well, hideous.








Before ending I wanted to share a dose of cuteness with you. My little man sleeping on one off his Mommy quilts while wrapped up in a Mommy blankie!




No comments:

Post a Comment